2. The best team in the ACC is the Virginia Cavaliers. They won the ACC regular season title outright.
3. Sure, it’s easy to dismiss Virginia as a top basketball program.
It’s sad, but true.
6. But don’t rule the Cavs out so quickly.
Or London Perrantes may just drop a three on you.
7. Do you know how many teams in ACC history have won 16 conference games?
Just two. And one of them is the 2014 Virginia Cavaliers.
9. And this team’s defense is incredible.
Virginia’s allowed 54.8 points per game is TOPS IN THE NATION.
10. This year’s been quite the ride, but there are some Cavs fans that aren’t exactly on board with rejoicing just yet. Maybe they’ve gotten used to disappointment.
The daggers have been oh-so-painful.
11. Consider this: UVA’s last NCAA tournament win was in March 2007 over Albany.
Remember Jason Cain? He was a key player on that team. JASON FREAKING CAIN.
13. In UVA’s most recent tournament appearance, back in 2012, the 10-seed Cavaliers lost by a sad, SAD 26 to the 7-seed, Florida.
ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME.
14. So sure, there were some tough seasons in the past, but the previous heartbreaks are making the 2014 season that much sweeter.
And sweet it is!
16. Thus, even if you are a die-hard Hokie…
19. Put all of that nonsense aside.
The time for UVA has come.
20. Virginia fans, ACC fans, and overall college basketball fans, remember this: YOU CAN’T HELP BUT CHEER FOR UVA.
21. Because 2014 is the year of the Virginia Cavalier.
Get it, Cavs! GO HOOS GO!
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- The turnout at Trump's inaugural concert was much smaller compared to the crowd that showed up for Obama's 2009 celebration.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌