Through your many years of organizing, DIY decorating, and excessive crafting, you’ve achieved a level of perfection barely even seen in magazines.
But you shoot for the moon every time. Step your game up a bit higher with these ~minimalist~ magnetic concrete cubes.
You’ll need a few things. Crafting star that you are, you might already have most of them. But just in case:
4. Combine enough water and concrete mix to fill each silicone cup to the halfway mark.
Follow the instructions on the concrete you buy to determine the water to concrete ratio.
Use gloves to avoid turning into Doom.
5. Fill the silicone cups halfway and tap the mold on the counter to level out the concrete and release any air bubbles.
6. Optional: Flick some liquid gold leaf onto the wet concrete.
Tap the mold against the counter again to release air bubbles.
7. Push the wooden blocks into the center of each mold with the drilled hole facing up.
8. After letting them sit for an hour, pull the blocks out by screwing hooks into the holes.
The concrete should still be wet, but dry enough to hold it’s shape.
9. Allow the concrete to cure for 24 more hours and then remove the cube from the mold.
10. Use sandpaper to smooth out the edges.
11. Hang them on your fridge, filing cabinet, or stick them together. Fill them with succulents or candles, or use them to hold stray jewelry.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.