1. You don't get what's going on at first.
2. Their fights rarely stop.
3. It may not hurt so much at first.
4. You may get a bunch of "compensation" presents.
5. Sometimes you will can't help but feel like you have to choose sides.
6. They will take it out on you sometimes.
7. And you will take it out on them too.
8. You will seek for shelter in your friends.
9. Or just deal with it on your own.
10. You've experienced watching your mom or dad cry.
11. If one of your parents gets married again it will suck.
12. At some point you will want them back together.
13. You may feel like you were not good enough for them to stay together.
14. Sometimes you will not understand why love couldn't prevail.
15. You will be afraid of getting married because of them.
16. You may blame one of them more than the other.
17. But you will understand their reasons for separating when you grow up.
18. You will get over it, and it will no longer pain you.
19. At the end of the day you love your parents. And they deserve to be happy too.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!