1. When you get off your building's elevator and come face to face with your chattiest neighbor.
2. ...And then, after saying good-bye, you start walking away in the same direction.
3. When you get on the bus and start putting in your headphones...but then you see someone you know get on.
4. When you sit down at lunch with a book you've been psyched about reading, and then someone feels sorry for you and comes over to "keep you company."
5. When you pretend not to recognize someone on the street, but then they start screaming your name.
6. When you're enjoying a nice beer by yourself at the bar, and the guy next to you decides to bare his soul to you...
7. When you want to go see that new movie by yourself, but you know your significant other/friends would be really mad if you did it without them.
8. When you're getting dinner as a group, and they want to order dishes for the table to share...
9. When you've looked forward to having the weekend all to yourself...and then a relative calls and says they're in town.
10. When you literally just want to be alone, and everyone's like "Are you okay though???"
11. Or when you mention that new museum exhibit you've wanted to check out, and someone "offers" to go with you.
12. When you're invited to a party and know you have to at least make an appearance...
13. And finally, any time when a stranger tries to strike up a conversation, and you're just like...
This post was translated from Portuguese.