1. Death Cab for Cutie — “All is Full of Love”
Nothing compares to Bjork’s perfect pitch, but who knew this song would transform so well into a rock jam?
2. Mr. Little Jeans — “The Suburbs”
Hard to imagine wanting to make out to Arcade Fire’s “The Suburbs” — until now.
3. M. Ward — “Let’s Dance”
David Bowie’s 1983 hit is barely recognizable. Let’s Dance? More like let’s light a single candle and write a love letter with ink made from our tears, amirite?
4. IYES — “Crazy in Love”
As top YouTube commenter and major Bey fan says under this video, “I’m a massive B fan and I hate hearing covers but this is amazing.” Case closed.
5. Cake — “I Will Survive”
John McCrea’s trademark deadpan take on this soulful jam somehow hits all the right notes. How he does it might be one of the biggest mysteries of the ’90s.
6. Tori Amos — “Smells Like Teen Spirit”
This list would not be complete without mention of America’s queen of ballad covers. It’s hard to pick one when she’s notable for covering the Rolling Stones, Joni Mitchell, Radiohead, Britney Spears…the list goes on and on. But if you’re a Tori fan, this one is a classic, bar none.
7. Britney Spears — “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction”
Speaking of Britney, remember when she covered the Rolling Stones?
8. Marilyn Manson — “Sweet Dreams”
Like him or hate him, Marilyn Manson made some bad ass covers.
9. The Suzan — “Paranoid”
This Japan-pop quartet chills Kanye’s “Paranoid” right out. Barely recognizable, funny, and actually beautiful in its own way.
- At least 29 people are dead and 166 hurt after explosions outside a stadium in Turkey, the country's interior minister said.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- "Saturday Night Live" revealed Donald Trump's newest pick to lead the Drug Enforcement Agency: Walter White.