1. This was once the face of Jeffrey Buoncristiano. He was working odd jobs while living in Cape Cod, Mass. His face was shamefully bare.
2. Then, Buoncristiano moved to Brooklyn and went through a breakup. He gave his razor a respite. After seeing a hipster with a terrible, scraggly beard, he had a beard epiphany. A beardpiphany, if you will.
“I could grow a way better beard than that,” he thought. The now-34 year old decided he would stop shaving.
3. It didn’t take long for his life to change. A couple of months into his newfound beard-dom, this picture made it to the front page of Reddit. “You look like a mix of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ben Affleck,” one commenter said.
“At some point I looked in the mirror and with the beard staring at me, I uttered, ‘Oh, there’s my face.’ And I mean that in a deeper way. Like, oh, this is ME. I like this, knowing who I am,” Buoncristiano told BuzzFeed by email.
8. Oh, did I hear a voice wondering if he has a brother? FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK.
10. “I grew into a man with the beard,” Buoncristiano admitted.
“I started getting more respect,” he added. “Better attention. More women. More confidence, and just generally life got better. I feel like I’m ready for anything now.”
11. Today’s lesson? Do yourself a favor and get a beard.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰