2. This is Chris Koch, a 35-year-old farmer and rancher in Alberta, Canada. He’s pretty amazing.
6. Koch was raised in the town’s small farming community, but he said he was never treated like he had a disability, and it helped make him independent.
“Talking to my dad I asked him, ‘What did you do differently with me than you would’ve with any other kid?’ And he said, ‘Nothing.’ So my independence is almost endless now because of their approach.”
11. Koch hopes to inspire others to live their life to their greatest potential, like he has.
“Some people are ashamed of their freckles, some people are ashamed of that spare tire around their waist,” he said. “… I think if you’re worried about how you look you’re cheating yourself out of opportunities.”
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 200 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩