1. A Polish coffin company is hoping to prove the idiom “sex sells” will even apply to their products, by using barely-dressed models to promote their caskets in an annual calendar.
3. Lindner, the casket company, will donate the money earned from the $50 calendars to charity, the New York Daily News reports.
5. The firm is no stranger to controversy and angered the Catholic Church last year, who said, “human death should be respected and not mixed with sex.”
7. But owner Zbigniew Lindner defended the titillating photos: “My son had the idea of creating the company’s calendar so we could show something half-serious, colorful, beautiful; the beauty of Polish girls and the beauty of our coffins.”
9. The website for the calendar says this is the company’s fifth year in a row of combining naked (living) women and their coffins.
“With the fifth edition of Lindner Calendar we come back to nature, which we express with perfect harmony between Lindner coffins and natural wood, blue sea, red flowers, green fields and beauty of the female body,” the site says.
11. Watch a behind-the-scenes video of the photoshoot here.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️