2. The rules were simple: Existence could eat anything sold at Starbucks or from a “Starbucks-inspired” store or brand, which include Roy Street Coffee, Tazo Tea, and Evolution Fresh.
4. The meals cost the 40-year-old Seattle resident $500 to $600 a month. Though she ate the meals herself, she says she didn’t feed her two children from Starbucks.
When she’s not blogging, Existence said she is a communications coordinator for a college sustainability department and also a college student.
5. “WHY? am I doing this challenge? Or WHY? will I do any challenge in the future? Because I LOVE being human and I LOVE the privilege of being able to ask the question WHY? in the first place!” she wrote.
She went on:
So how can eating only one company’s products impact me, anybody? Well Mr. McDonald’s already proved that question years ago with his documentary and Mr. Subway did his take on the losing weight portion of the food challenges too. But when I watched those guys doing their thing I asked myself “where are the WOMEN challenging themselves in the world?” “Where are the effects being shown on a woman’s culture?”
8. Existence has challenged herself before: In 2012, she followed all of the tips offered in Parents magazine, and in 2011, she only bought things for her and her family from Goodwill.
12. This was her Thanksgiving dinner. “I want a HAMBURGER!” she wrote.
Existence told the Daily News her first non-Starbucks meal was fish and chips from Seattle-based restaurant chain Ivar’s.
“My taste buds have been freaking out for the last 24 hours,” she said after finishing the project. “Starbucks doesn’t really have anything that’s fried, and you can only eat so much after you haven’t had stuff like that for a year.”
14. For her 2014 challenge, Existence plans to focus on the store REI and learn 80 recreational sports.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren went full "nasty" on Trump, saying "nasty women" are going to cast their "nasty votes" on Nov. 8 🙋
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- "She's not responsible for the journalism mistakes": Why Jackie won't be outed in the Rolling Stone trial.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏