1. So! You’re thinking about trying one of those “juice cleanses” everyone’s been chatting about.
A juice cleanse or juice fast, if by some miracle you haven’t been exposed to the concept, is a diet wherein you consume JUICE AND ONLY JUICE for a period of time, usually a few days. Lots of companies offer pre-packaged sets of juices to make it simple for you.
This supposedly helps “detox” your body, encourages weight loss, and packs you so full of fruity nutrients and veggie vitamins that you become a magical being made of light and float away to a place in the sky where you shall never want for anything again.
29. Your body needs a lot more than just sugar and vitamins to function.
Which is why we don’t just survive on these. Juice — EVEN juice made out of kale or whatever — doesn’t contain any of the protein and fiber and fat that are essential to keep your systems running smoothly and prevent crazy sugar-induced energy swings.
30. The idea that juice can “detox” your body is a myth.
Harvard epidemiologist Dr. Frank Sacks, via WebMD: “Your body is designed to remove toxins efficiently with organs such as the kidneys, liver, and colon. You don’t need detox diets, pills, or potions to help your body do its job.”
33. The only sustainable, healthy way to diet is to eat clean, sensible, REAL food.
Think of it like this: Would you expect to get an education by reading one book over and over and over and over and over? No. You would read lots of different books. And maybe you’d still be dumb in the end, but hell, at least you wouldn’t die of boredom halfway through.
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭