When you’re just one single recipe riding the unending tide of nifty / trendy / cutesy / yummy food content that turns up on Pinterest, it takes a certain je ne sais quoi to rise to the top of the heap (although if the quoi is buffalo chicken, you’re a shoo-in).
Here are the recipe pins that triumphed this year, according to Pinterest’s Top Pins of 2013 roundup, along with our (highly unscientific) analysis of why.
12. Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream
WHAT’S PINTERESTING ABOUT IT: The most magical words in the Pinglish language are “two ingredient.”
PINTERESSENCE LEVEL: Believing you can ride a bicycle in a maxi skirt and high heels.
Get the recipe at Two Peas And Their Pod.
20. Cheesy Baked Spaghetti Squash Boats with Grilled Chicken
WHAT’S PINTERESTING ABOUT IT: Spaghetti squash, chicken, cheese, thing-inside-a-thing: THIS RECIPE HAS IT ALL.
PINTERESSENCE LEVEL: Crocheting booties for your pet hedgehog.
Get the recipe at Skinny Taste.
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- Prime Minister Theresa May is starting the UK's withdrawal process from the European Union this week. But how will Brexit work?
- We tried Fitbit's new slim Alta HR activity band, which comes with heart-rate tracking technology that's typically found on chunkier devices 🏃
- And Muslims in Birmingham told BuzzFeed News what it's like in the city that finds itself under the spotlight because of the murderous actions of London attacker Khalid Masood.