2. And he recently lived out his dream, creating a multi-story (!!) Rube Goldberg machine to deliver the news of his unborn baby’s sex to him and his wife Heidi (and, now, the world).
The video is truly incredible.
5. There will be several rooms, two sets of stairs, a lot of toy cars, a “you think this is the end but it’s not!” fake out, and some very satisfying domino effects before the gender-revealing confetti cannon is finally triggered:
I men, gender is a construct but I’m honestly so impressed.
6. Calmus told BuzzFeed that he built the elaborate contraption with the help of a friend over a weekend while his wife was out of town.
“We had just gotten the envelope from the doctor with the gender in it and we we’re dying to find out,” he said. “I thought it would be the perfect time to do it because I knew it would take over the whole house and I didn’t want to inconvenience her with that any more than I had to.”
7. The wildest part? Calmus and his friend didn’t plan out the design in advance at all.
“[My friend] Aaron and I knew we wanted the machine to be started by Theo upstairs in the nursery and end down in the garage with an explosion of confetti,” Calmus said. “From there we just took it step by step creating each element and then figuring out how that element could trip the next element. We’d work on one move at a time over and over until it was working consistently and then we’d move on. So this was basically ENDLESS amounts of test runs.”
8. The friend loaded the confetti canon so the reveal was a surprise to all of the Calmuses.
And in case you’re curious (I was), toddler Theo’s gender reveal was considerably more low-key. The couple hadn’t planned to find out their first child’s gender in advance, but two weeks before he was born, the doctor accidentally pointed out his testicles during an ultrasound. “And we were like ‘IT HAS TESTICLES!?!’” Calmus said. “The surprise wasn’t quite how we envisioned it going down.”
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- Chipotle is finally adding dessert to its menu and cinnamon, honey, and caramel butter dipping sauce will be involved 😋