1. ~Unique~ baby names have become quite A Thing in recent years.
5. “We follow a creation process that takes around 100 hours,” Marc Hauser, owner and CEO of Erfolgswelle, told BuzzFeed Life.
The name is chosen by a team of people that includes 14 creative naming experts, four historians, 12 translators who confirm the name doesn’t have bad connotations in another language, and two trademark attorneys who ensure the baby’s name is not registered already as a brand or a product.
6. After brainstorming hundreds of names, Hauser’s team presents 15 to 25 names to the parents.
If the parents don’t like the names, they’ll start another creative round and come up with 10–15 additional names, Hauser said. “The family is always in charge — they have the rudder in their hands.”
7. The team also creates “a new history and mythology” for the new name.
“Based on the elements of the new name, we create a story with a positive message around the name. That’s why all the parts of the name need a positive message in it,” Hauser said. “We often combine words in a new order. It’s like composing music or drawing; like all creatives, we transform existing elements into new, never-heard creations. Or we find fantastic words that were never used before as pre-names.”
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀