1. ~Unique~ baby names have become quite A Thing in recent years.
5. “We follow a creation process that takes around 100 hours,” Marc Hauser, owner and CEO of Erfolgswelle, told BuzzFeed Life.
The name is chosen by a team of people that includes 14 creative naming experts, four historians, 12 translators who confirm the name doesn’t have bad connotations in another language, and two trademark attorneys who ensure the baby’s name is not registered already as a brand or a product.
6. After brainstorming hundreds of names, Hauser’s team presents 15 to 25 names to the parents.
If the parents don’t like the names, they’ll start another creative round and come up with 10–15 additional names, Hauser said. “The family is always in charge — they have the rudder in their hands.”
7. The team also creates “a new history and mythology” for the new name.
“Based on the elements of the new name, we create a story with a positive message around the name. That’s why all the parts of the name need a positive message in it,” Hauser said. “We often combine words in a new order. It’s like composing music or drawing; like all creatives, we transform existing elements into new, never-heard creations. Or we find fantastic words that were never used before as pre-names.”
- Congressional Republicans have made it clear that they disagree with President-elect Donald Trump's plan on how to keep jobs in the US.
- At least 36 people died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Prosecutors say murder charges are possible.
- Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter, and YouTube are teaming up to target and remove terrorist content on their platforms 💻📌
- Adult Swim's alt-right comedy show didn't last long. They canceled it after 1 season following fierce criticism ❌📺