1. If Ikea and the dollar store had a baby — and Crate & Barrel and Party City were its crazy aunts — you’d have something close to the Danish store Flying Tiger.
2. Flying Tiger, which was founded in Copenhagen in 1995, has locations all over the world…and its first store in the United States opened in NYC last week.
3. Located at 920 Broadway, the newest Flying Tiger location is filled with items that are incredibly adorable, clever, and/or useful.
And everything is SUPER cheap.
4. Some of the BuzzFeed Life editors checked out the goods at Flying Tiger earlier this month…and emerged a dozen or so dollars in debt and unable to stop talking about their amazing purchases.
Full disclosure: We were allowed choose 10 items for free at the press preview. But most of us still bought several more items with our own money because leaving there with just 10 things was impossible.
5. Many of the items would make great stocking stuffers.
6. There are also plenty of silly novelty items.
7. But Flying Tiger also has legitimate home goods! Like the beautiful dishes…
10. Cool kitchen stuff…
13. And colorful little home accents for days.
16. A company spokeswoman told BuzzFeed Life that they launch new patterns/themes in the store every month.
17. And while the Manhattan store is the only U.S. location, the company hopes to bring Flying Tiger to more American cities eventually.
- Saturday is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total shitshow. Headliners dropped out and guests tweeted photos of bare-bones food and lodging 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- A teen had a remarkably petty response when her ex asked for his prom money back: She paid him in all pennies 😏