1. There's a limit to the number of dogs we can walk at a time.
2. Our rotas are erratic and complicated.
3. We’re fiercely protective of the dogs we walk.
4. But yes, sometimes we can lose a dog.
5. The pay honestly isn't that great.
6. Dog walking can be extremely stressful.
7. You don't need any formal qualifications.
8. We get major guilt if something happens to a dog on our watch.
9. We judge lazy dog owners.
10. Curious children can be a real pain.
11. Everyone has a dog they secretly dread walking.
12. Sometimes we have to raise our voices and it sucks.
13. It’s a surprisingly tiring job.
14. We don’t always scoop the poop.
15. The job can be really gross.
16. Getting a new puppy on your rota is like winning the dog-walking lottery.
17. If a dog owner is rude to us we’re more likely to look the other way when their dog’s in a puddle.
18. Dog walkers often form cliques.
19. We know when a dog is sad.
20. It’s heartbreaking saying goodbye to a favourite dog.
21. But it’s all totally worth it, because DOGGOS.
Note: This post is based on one person’s experience of working in the industry.