1. Because this kiss last year was EVERYTHING.
22 more episodes of this, please.
3. Because when Mindy was body-shaming herself, Danny said this:
Mindy: I don’t want him to see my naked body and then decide he doesn’t like me.
Danny: Guys don’t care about this stuff as much as girls think they do.
Mindy: That’s a bunch of crap. You all say that and then you go out and date ass models. I am sick of being the person with the “good personality.” OK, I wanna be so hot that Cliff would date me even if I had a bad personality.
Danny: You’re self-conscious. You have no reason to be. All I was gonna say is, don’t suck in your stomach so much. It makes you look nervous, and frankly, a little constipated.
Mindy: And get a boob job.
Danny: No, that’s not what I was gonna say.
Mindy: And get rid of the cellulite on your legs.
Mindy: And have blue eyes.
Danny: I don’t want that.
Danny: You’re a woman, and that’s good. Look like a woman.
SWOON. Also, a good reminder for anyone who has a tendency to body-shame themselves for not being “perfect”.
5. Because we need to see more of Danny dancing:
12. Because sometimes Mindy is an unapologetic a**hole and there aren’t enough females protagonists like that.
From The Atlantic:
“The Mindy Project’s main character, Dr. Mindy Lahiri, is a Princeton-educated OB-GYN, and she’s the first South Asian-American character to anchor a network sitcom. She is also kind of a jerk.
She loves to gossip. She doesn’t really care about climate change. Her personal spirituality extends little beyond an aesthetic appreciation for the various animal-headed Hindu gods. At times, it seems her wardrobe and love life take precedence over her career in medicine. She lies about having kids to get into trendy bars.
To review: disposed to gossip, blasé about the environment, religious when it’s convenient, materialistic, often selfish, occasionally dishonest. She’s not that different from many of us, if we’re being honest.”
18. Because Mindy and Peter’s friendship is adorable.
21. Because Mindy said this about the premiere: “We pitched the premiere today, and the premiere is… I say this all the time, but if you are a fan of Chris Messina and like Chris Messina in various stages of undress, then you’ll really like our premiere.”
Um, I need that in every episode, for 22 episodes.
- Republicans gave up on their Obamacare replacement. Trump demanded the House vote, but there still wasn't enough support.
- Donald Trump, who wrote a book about his ability to get deals done, lost in his highest stakes negotiation yet — the battered GOP health care bill.
- Apple says a hacking group that's threatening to wipe hundreds of millions of iPhones has not breached it's iCloud system 📱
- Hi Stranger: A bizarre short film featuring a naked mumbling figurine is making everyone on the internet uncomfortable 🙃