Let’s start off with a beautiful, melancholic take on “Get Lucky” by the London folk trio Daughter.
Dutch reggae and hip hop band, Postmen, stayed true to the original yet added about 60 degrees Fahrenheit. And rap.
3. Michael Jackson Edit
This is pretty nuts, but a YouTube user discovered that if you pitch up the song just a little bit, Get Lucky becomes a Michael Jackson song. Mind = blown.
4. Igor Presnyakov
Close your eyes and let Russian (yes, Russian) guitarist and YouTube sensation, Igor Presnyakov, take you to a BBQ on a beautiful beach in Ibiza.
5. Saved My Life - YYJMYY Edit
Hello, original disco classic Last Night A D.J. Saved My Life. Meet instant nu disco classic, Get Lucky.
6. “Get Lucky” Vs “Pumped Up Kicks”
Just a proof of concept, I guess, but Beldur should really consider turning this piano mashup of Get Lucky and Foster the People’s Pumped Up Kicks into a full song.
7. Gigi Kun
Gigi Kun recorded this vocal-only version of Get Lucky and you have to admit, it sounds pretty cool!
8. Sam Sparro
Australian singer-songwriter and music producer, Sam Sparro, recorded his very own version. This one’s bound to get lucky in the clubs.
9. Daft Punk - Get Lucky (8-Bit)
The robots go chiptune!
10. George Barnett - Get Lucky
Some even say this one’s better than the original!
11. BONUS #1: Mexican Monkey Video
Ok, this is not really an alternative version… but PURE MAGIC! You see, if you watch this video, the ORIGINAL version will CHANGE FOREVER and you will not be able to unhear that “Mexican Monkey” vocoder. Ever
12. BONUS #2: Daft Punk - C’est Bon Pour Le Moral
Wait. What’s this? This is not an alternative version either!
No, it’s Daft Punk, Pharrell and Nile Rodgers performing C’est Bon Pour Le Moral, a song written by the dad of one of the robots. Now get off that Get Lucky trip and go listen to some original disco!
Have you heard any other good versions? Please share them below!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Barack Obama became the first sitting U.S. president to visit the site of the atomic bombing in Hiroshima, Japan. The "memory of August 6, 1945 must never fade."
- A Silicon Valley college faked grades, dodged immigration authorities, and made a fortune, BuzzFeed News has found 💰🎓
- Twenty-three athletes who competed in the 2012 Olympic Games in London have failed retrospective doping tests, officials say.