Ever wanted to know what was going on in the heads of the bikers who deliver your Chinese noodles at 11:30 p.m.?
BuzzFeed France asked one of these delivery drivers, who wished to remain anonymous, to share his secrets.
1. It's no picnic.
2. At the same time, it's not super hard to be recruited.
3. All of us know each other.
4. We're not really used to receiving tips.
5. But when it happens, it is usually because we've been sent to the right place at the right time.
6. Yes, sometimes we drop your food.
7. But we also have to wait 1,000 years for you to open your door.
8. Almost all of us do delivery just to make some extra money on the side.
9. But some of us are in it for the cycling.
10. We are also not all students.
11. But it's definitely almost all guys.
12. Yes, we are forced to wear ugly uniforms.
13. And yes, sometimes we judge your food choices.
14. We are paid a bit better when we make deliveries during a downpour.
15. Sometimes we deliver to celebrities.
16. We are never super happy to be sent to the top of a hill two minutes before the end of our shift.
17. We begin to get to know the restaurant owners in our neighborhood.
18. And for some reason, there are people out there who just don't understand what we're doing on a bike, in the rain, with a bag the size of a baby elephant.
19. Sometimes, we're literally paid to do nothing.
When we don't have any deliveries, we just wait around at our unofficial ~meeting place~. Usually, we just end up getting paid to wait around, like when the order isn't ready, or when you've decided to take advantage of our patience. ¯\_(ツ)_ /¯