1. If you don't have time to frost your cupcakes, sprinkle some powdered sugar through a piece of lace for a v chic finish:
2. And this is a super-simple trick to prevent your mixer from getting batter EVERYWHERE:
3. Forgot to pick up the powdered sugar at the store? No problem — just mix some normal sugar in the mixer for 10 minutes.
4. Before sticking it in the oven, drop your cake pan (with the batter inside) from about 1 foot above a table. This will reduce the number of air bubbles trapped in the dough.
5. To prevent your cake drying out before you get a chance to ice it, put a slice of bread on top of it:
6. Your whipped cream will be fluffier if you whip it in a chilled bowl:
7. And you should cut butter up into small cubes so that it can be kneaded into flour more easily:
8. Use cooking spray to grease muffin tins — and do it inside an open dishwasher to minimize the mess:
9. Plus, did you know you can save burned breads and cakes with a vegetable or cheese grater?
10. If you're low on counter space, set up an ironing board like this:
11. Biscuits and cookies stay moist if you store them with a piece of apple.
12. If your brown sugar is all dried out, put it in a bowl with a wet paper towel on top and microwave it for 20 seconds:
13. And to keep sugar from drying out in the first place, you can store it with a piece of bread:
14. But also apples work as well:
15. An empty plastic bottle makes separating yolks super easy:
16. And eggshells are most easily removed with your hands (not a spoon!).
17. Want to know if those eggs are still good? Put it in a glass of water. If they float or "stand" up, it's an older egg that has more air inside:
18. Plus, you can use thread to cut a cake into two perfect layers without squashing it:
19. Thread also works well with dough:
20. Your oven might be lying to you! Most ovens are not well calibrated when it comes to temperature, so get yourself an oven thermometer:
21. Pro tip: Dough rises faster if you let it rise on a heating pad.
22. Depending on the recipe, you can usually replace butter with avocado to make things a little healthier:
23. And you already know to use ice cream scoops for cookie dough, right?
24. Photogenic and helpful: Stick birthday candles into pieces of fruit to prevent wax dripping on to the cake.
25. Or get rid of candles altogether and use a cookie cutter and sprinkles to do the trick:
26. When using a mixer, rotate the bowl, not the actual mixer!
27. And if you have to fit wax or parchment paper into a circular pan, here's a way to use #geometry to get it to fit perfectly:
28. And finally, add a little salt to your cookie dough to make them twice as tasty:
For more translated content and BuzzFeed International goodness, subscribe to Inter Webz: our new bi-weekly newsletter bringing you the best of the 'net from around the world.
Note: If you can’t see the sign-up box above, just go here to sign up.
This post was translated from German.