1. When you have depression, you can feel like it can totally overwhelm you at any moment:
2. And you might feel like you have to hide it when you're out in "the real world."
3. And you just want to hide yourself away.
4. Being around other people can feel like this:
5. Even if they are friends.
6. Any little thing can trigger an avalanche of major self doubt:
7. And the depression holds you back from truly enjoying things:
8. It'll strike when you least expect it:
9. And the noise in your head feels like this:
10. And you try your best to cast the noise and dark thoughts out of your head:
11. You develop a very close relationship with your bed.
12. Even though you might just spend hours lying awake:
13. And in general, it's just really hard to talk about what you're REALLY feeling:
14. Especially when you think you won't be taken seriously:
15. Your thoughts won't leave you alone.
16. And sometimes, only sleep offers a few hours of relief:
17. It's hard to find joy in the things you used to love doing:
18. And after a while, the depression can feel like a constant companion:
Always contact your doctor when your health and your own well-being is involved. BuzzFeed posts are merely for information purposes and are in no way a replacement for medical diagnoses, treatment or personal medical advice.
This post was translated from German.