1. Your mouth produces a bottle's worth of spit every day.
2. Which is roughly equivalent to about two swimming pools full of drool over the course of your life.
3. When removed from your body, your stomach and bowels are long enough to be used to climb down from the third floor of a building.
4. And if you could somehow stretch out all the veins in your body, they'd be long enough to wrap around the Earth two and a half times.
5. And if you could untwist all the DNA in your body, it would reach all the way to Pluto and back without any problems.
6. This little guy here is a hair follicle mite, and he lives happily in your eyebrows. Actually, there's usually about three of them per follicle, to be precise.
7. An adult human consists of approximately 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms. That's a 7 with 27 zeros after it. The entire population of the world, rounded down, is about 7,000,000,000 (9 zeros) people.
8. Speaking of which...at this very moment, you have more bacteria in your mouth than there are people on Earth.
9. In fact, all the bacteria in your body right now weighs about 4 pounds all together.
10. Here's something you've probably never thought about, but a baby has about 100 more bones than an adult.
11. If you rub sliced onions or garlic on the soles of your feet, you'll actually experience the taste of them in your mouth around 30 to 60 minutes later.
12. In 12 hours of being awake, you spend about 1.2 hours of that time with your eyes closed while you're blinking.
13. If your eyes were a camera, it'd be 576 megapixels.
14. Which wouldn't be a problem, since your brain has a storage capacity of about 2.5 million gigabytes.
15. You might not believe it, but your foot is exactly as long as the distance from your wrist to the crook of your elbow.
16. Your finger can feel something that's just 13 nanometers across. To put that in terms you can understand, if your finger were as large as the Earth, you could feel the difference between houses and cars by touch.
17. Speaking of nanometers...your fingernails grow roughly one nanometer per second.
18. The fastest-growing fingernail is on your middle finger.
19. Maybe you've noticed this, but your toenails grow slower than your fingernails. Four times slower, to be precise.
20. You lose so many skin particles in one day (300,000 to 600,000 per hour) that most of the dust in your house actually consists of you.
21. You have approximately the same number of hairs as a chimpanzee.
22. And of those, men lose roughly 40 hairs per day, while women lose around 70 per day.
23. It takes a blood cell about 60 seconds to circulate once through your whole body.
24. Because of gravity, you're about two centimeters taller in the morning than in the evening.
25. Your ears and nose never stop growing. Your eyes, on the other hand, always stay the same size.
26. Oh, and your body contains enough iron to make a 3-inch nail.
This post was translated from German.