Netflix is great, right? They have cool original series like Orange Is the New Black…
And House of Cards…
..and the fourth season of Arrested Development.
But if you’re looking for movies that are streaming on Netflix, you have to say a little prayer and hope for the best.
Let’s say you get the urge to rewatch Boogie Nights. What a great movie, right?
1. Nope. Not happening.
2. OK, maybe a different Paul Thomas Anderson film?
3. Ugh, seriously?
OK, OK. It’s not a Paul Thomas Anderson night. But what about…
4. Robert Altman?
5. Francis Ford Coppola?
6. Richard Linklater?
7. Woody Allen, aside from Annie Hall and Manhattan, or his lame recent movies?
8. Maybe something by John Cassavetes?
9. Nicole Holofcener?
10. Alfred Hitchcock?
11. Roman Polanski, in his glory days?
12. Coen Brothers? They gotta have The Big Lebowski.
13. Maybe something a bit older, like a Preston Sturges movie?
14. Or possibly John Ford?
15. Fine. Fine. Maybe…Martin Scorcese?
16. A slightly less popular Scorcese movie?
Ugh. This one is so good too.
(In fairness, they do have Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill.)