2. Shelagh Delaney’s provocative play “A Taste of Honey” was the inspiration for several songs, including This Night Has Opened My Eyes.
“I’ve never made any secret of the fact that at least 50 per cent of my reason for writing can be blamed on Shelagh Delaney”
4. Morrissey knows that men love Jane Austen too.
In a 2007 issue of the LA Weekly Morrissey replied to the question “I love Jane Austen. She’s a genius. Do you agree?” with “Oh, good grief, yes.”
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Fyre Festival — organized by Ja Rule and billed as a luxury event — has turned into a total shitshow and people are livid 💸😱
- We found about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- Arkansas executed Kenneth Williams Thursday night — just days before one of the state's execution drugs expires.