51 Life-Saving Holiday Hacks That Are Borderline Genius
Take your holiday season from CRISIS to CHRISTMAS with these easy tips and tricks.
1. This super handy chart will keep you from buying excess tree decorations.
2. Use shiny green tinsel to make your Christmas tree look fuller.
Be sure to layer the tinsel on the inner branches to fill out the tree.
3. String lights in the center of the tree so that your tree looks like it's lit from within.
4. Use plastic cups to neatly store your ornaments.
5. Use egg cartons to store your smaller ornaments.
6. Command hooks and popsicle sticks make easy decorations that you can hang anywhere.
7. You can also use Command hooks to hang wreaths seamlessly over a door.
8. Give last year's boring ornaments a makeover with glitter and Pledge furniture polish.
9. Hang ornaments from a light fixture to transform it into a Christmas chandelier.
10. Wrap Christmas lights around a hanger to keep them from getting tangled.
11. Making gingerbread cookies? Turn them into ornaments that will last for years with three coats of varnish.
They won't rot! Get the recipe for gingerbread cookie ornaments here.
Or poke holes in them and string them as a garland.
12. Use hot glue to hang lights on brick.
13. The kids will love this:
14. With just a little tape, you've got an easy Christmas manicure.
15. Put your Christmas cards to good use by using them as the contact photos in your phone.
16. Dip grape stems in chocolate to make realistic trees for a gingerbread house.
17. Freeze whipped cream on a cookie sheet and use a cookie cutter to make hot chocolate hearts.
18. Store your ice cream in a plastic bag to keep it soft and ready to serve.
19. Turn regular cookie cutters into epically cool Star Wars cookies.
20. Reuse your leftover Halloween pumpkins to make snowmen.
21. Use a board over your mantel to make decorating a little easier and a little more lush.
22. Turn an old bulletin board into a pin-the-nose-on-the-reindeer game for the kids' table.
23. Master the Christmas tree napkin fold and you won't need to buy any special holiday napkins or napkin rings.
24. Insert wires into the limbs of your Elf on the Shelf to make him bendable.
25. Make adorable "elf" donuts out of Cheerios.
26. Pretzel rings, Fruit Roll-Ups, and frosting are an easy way to make delicious snowman cookies.
27. Old saran wrap or aluminum foil containers make great boxes for gifting cookies.
28. Keep the kids busy with three-ingredient snow slime.
You need Elmer's glue, borax, and iridescent glitter. Add blue food coloring to make it Frozen. Get the recipe here.
29. Pulverize candy canes and add this magic to EVERYTHING.
30. Use a cardboard box wrapped in gift paper as your garbage receptable on Christmas morning.
31. Cut branches from your Christmas tree to make easy table decor.
32. Decorating with tree clippings is an easy way to make everything festive, but use this little trick to make them last longer.
Wrap the cut stems with wet paper towels and stuff into a plastic baggie.