5. (Alcoholic) Ice Candy
This recipe comes from Oggi:
Watermelon Lambanog Cocktail Ice Candy
-a quarter of a watermelon, cubed
-2 tablespoons lime juice
-sugar, to taste
-lambanog or watermelon vodka, to taste
Puree watermelon in a blender. Place a strainer lined with a coffee filter over a measuring cup. Pour the pureed watermelon and leave for 20 minutes. Discard the pulp and coffee filter. Stir in lime juice and sugar and lambanog to taste. Fill bag one at a time, twist the top of the bag and make a knot to seal. Place filled bags in an upright position in a container if desired, otherwise lay them flat on a smooth surface, and let freeze for several hours.
Check out Oggi for more ice candy ideas.
7. Chocolate Ice Cubes in Milk (or Coffee)
- 200ml milk
- 50ml water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (optional)
- 70g dark chocolate (66%)
Finely chop chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl.
Pour milk and water in a saucepan, add sugar, cocoa and instant coffee and mix carefully to avoid lumps. Bring to a boil over medium heat then remove from heat.
Pour mixture over the chocolate, melt 5 minutes then mix gently with a wooden spoon to get a cream smooth and creamy.
Cool and pour into an ice cube tray and freeze.
This recipe courtesy of Sandra Kavital’s blog.
11. Striped Ice Cubes
- 8 tablespoons pink lemonade
- 8 tablespoons diluted pomegranate juice
- 4 tablespoon diluted black currant juice
- 8 tablespoons pink lemonade
Prepare all liquids. For each flavor of ice cube, alternately layer the aperitif or lemonade with the fruit juice or nectar in ice cube trays, allowing the liquid to freeze completely before pouring on another layer, about 1 hour. Serve in seltzer.
15. Lime and Mint Ice Cubes for Mojitos
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice (lemon,orange.. can be used)
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 24 lime wedges
- 24 mint leaves
Mix lime juice and sugar till dissolved. Add water mix and pour into 2 ice cube trays. Place 1 lime wedge and 1 mint leaf in each section. Top with additional water if need. Freeze til solid.
Recipe from Rita on Food.com.
19. Piña Colada Cubes
Use a large ice cube tray and alternated layers of pineapple juice and coconut milk. It works best if you do thin layers and fully let each layer freeze before adding the next. Add your beautifully striped cubes to fresh muddled pineapple, coconut milk and rum for the most delicious summer treat.
This recipe comes from Justina Blakeney’s blog..
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪