1. The Abandoned Boy (1945)
2. Easter Eggs for Hitler (1943 - 1945)
via the United States Army National Archives
3. View from the Capitol at Nashville Tennesse (during the Civil War)
5. Unemployed Lumber Worker (1939)
by Thomas Cave
6. Joseph Goebbels scowling at photographer Albert Eisenstaedt after finding out he’s Jewish (1933)
7. ‘Old Gold’, Country Store (1939)
8. Auto Wreck in Washington, DC. (1921)
9. Little Rock, AR protest against the integration of 9 black students into a white school (1959)
by Joe Bledsoe, via Smithsonian.com
10. Recued inmates at Nazi concentration camp Wabbelin (1945)
source: US Army file/Pvt. Ralph Forney
11. Two Guys Having Lunch (1936)
12. Charlie Chaplin at age 27 (1916)
13. Bavarian grandfather and Prussian grandson displaying the old and new uniforms of the German Army (1913)
14. A Civil Rights demonstration in the 60’s, an African-American woman stares down a man donning the Confederate flag on his hardhat (1963)
by Bob Adelman
15. Forest City Landing, Peaks Island to Portland Maine (1910)
17. Miss America 1924
18. W H Murphy and his associate demonstrating their bullet proof vest 13th October, 1923
19. Three Archers, Japan, ca. 1860-1900
20. Erika, a 15 year old freedom fighter from Budapest (1956)
- A newly unearthed Homeland Security report contradicts Donald Trump's travel ban, saying country of origin is not a reliable indicator of terrorism.
- The White House blocked several media outlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by press secretary Sean Spicer.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.