The official synopsis according to IMDB says: “In 2028 Detroit, when Alex Murphy (Joel Kinnaman) - a loving husband, father and good cop - is critically injured in the line of duty, the multinational conglomerate OmniCorp sees their chance for a part-man, part-robot police officer.”
4. Also Samuel L. Jackson’s in it, playing some kind of smooth-talking pro-robo mofo.
Sorry. The alliteration was too easy.
5. And here’s BAMF Gary Oldman, the scientist who creates Robocop.
Ha ha ha who ever thinks that this will end well? Has nobody read Frankenstein?
6. Looks like it will touch on the issue of drone warfare.
7. …But don’t worry. There’s also still plenty of camp-action explosions.
8. (Including motorbike boomerang stunts, apparently. Woo!)
9. See for yourself:
10. Swoooosh, baby.
- President Obama will become the first sitting U.S. president to visit Hiroshima since the atomic bomb was dropped there 71 years ago.
- Eleven U.S. states are suing the Obama administration for telling schools to let trans students use the bathroom of their choice.
- Good news, Canadians: If you buy medical marijuana legally, you can now get same-day delivery right to your door in Toronto and Calgary 🍁