1. Officials said Ethan’s body was identified through DNA analysis extracted through bone marrow.
James Lee DiMaggio, 40, Ethan Anderson, 8, and Hannah Anderson, 16.
2. Ethan is seen on the floor in this family photo. The suspect in his death and disappearance of his sister, James DiMaggio, is seen on the far right.
Ethan’s 16-year-old sister Hannah Anderson remains missing, and the search for her and her suspected kidnapper is focused on Idaho.
Earlier on Friday, officials said the two were spotted by horseback riders in the Idaho wilderness. His car, a blue Nissan Versa, was found hidden in brush.
The horseback rider’s impression of the pair was “it seemed odd but nothing as alarming,” a spokeswoman for the Ada County Sheriff’s Office said.
“They did speak and exchange pleasantries. I don’t think there was a lot of information exchanged,” she said. “He left the conversation believing they were camping in the area.”
4. Hannah’s friend said she was “creeped out” by family friend DiMaggio. Officials from multiple agencies are searching the rugged northern Idaho wilderness for the pair.
- A newly unearthed Homeland Security report contradicts Donald Trump's travel ban, saying country of origin is not a reliable indicator of terrorism.
- A draft of an Obamacare repeal plan was released that would strip many benefits and taxes from the healthcare law, while blocking federal funds from Planned Parenthood.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀