1. First thing's first - turn on and dial up.
2. Your weapon of choice was undoubtedly Internet Explorer.
3. The first thing you checked? Your Friendster account.
4. Or perhaps you joined up to this new 'Myspace' thing.
5. You learnt that things could be FAIL.
6. Or WIN.
7. Flash games were the pinnacle of procrastination.
8. Second Life was an option for those with serious time to kill.
9. Searching for something didn't necessarily mean googling it.
10. Though if you were using Google, this is what you searched for.
11. Apart from here in the UK, where some posh bloke was apparently more interesting.
12. If you were really bored, you could always go to 4chan, created that year.
13. Or link your friends to shock sites.
14. You discovered that there were 'other ways' of procuring music.
15. You rated people on Hot or Not.
16. You laughed at the Star Wars Kid.
17. And badger badger badger.
18. Even if they took forever to load.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!