1. You will agonize over the perfect name... and then blatantly disregard it.
2. You will discover your "dog voice".
3. You will learn how little you really did for your family dog when you were a kid.
4. You will find dog hair EVERYWHERE.
5. Your dog will ruin something that you care about.
6. You will be judged mercilessly by other dog owners.
7. You will be judged mercilessly by the dogless.
8. You will blame many, many things on your dog.
9. You will get a horrifying glimpse into your future parenting style.
10. You will not want to have children.
11. You will become a huge hypocrite.
12. You will achieve expert understanding of your dog's bowel movements.
13. You will do something disgusting.
14. You will freak out.
15. You will hemorrhage money.
16. You will be 99% successful at ignoring one simple truth.
17. You will feel an incredible amount of love, pride, and connection.
18. You will doubt your sanity.
19. You will compare notes.
20. You will no longer have a name.
21. You will have a superiority complex.
22. You dog will teach you some tricks.
23. You will not be able to imagine life without them.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!