2. Deem yourself an old maid if you’re not married by the age of 25.
Hey, maybe it’ll be ok…? Pride and Prejudice’s Charlotte found love with that gross weird guy—Mr. Collins—at the ripe old age of 27.
3. Become really upset about something based entirely on an assumption.
Did a letter to a potential suitor go unanswered? Is your Great Uncle planning an unexpected visit? Now’s the time to go all Marianne Dashwood a la Sense and Sensibility and think the worst. In fact, you should go ahead and dedicate a whole chapter to it.
7. Hate someone so much that he or she ultimately ends up being the love of your life.
Right when you’re most convinced that someone is rude, arrogant, and haughty, pull an Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice and decide that he’s actually “exactly the man who, in disposition and talents, would most suit” you…
And then create an endless stream of book spin-offs and movies!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Black Lives Matter — the protest movement born out of a desire to stem police brutality — has taken root across the globe.
- Donald Trump is expected to pick Hardee's and Carl's Jr. CEO Andy Puzder to serve as his secretary of labor.
- The LAPD says it won't work with the feds on deportations — but it already does.
- People are mad at Jennifer Lawrence for telling a story about rubbing her butt on sacred Hawaiian rocks.