1. Because nearly 500 million copies of the original books have been sold.
2. 500 MILLION.
3. Because not everyone can afford The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
4. And the people who can need something to read in line.
5. Because what are we supposed to do with these costumes?
6. Or our free reading time?
7. OR THESE RESIDUAL FEELINGS?
8. Because today's 11 year olds aren't even disappointed on their birthdays anymore.
9. And references like "50 points to your house!" are starting to lose their meaning.
10. Also see: "Expelliarmus!"
11. Also see: "You're a wizard, Harry."
12. Because real life isn't nearly as exciting as what these kids were up to.
13. Because the newest Twilight movie was in 2012 and maybe just one more HP movie to show who's in charge.
14. Because where do we learn life lessons now?
15. Because this.
16. And this.
17. Because he's not the only one.
18. Because this person's tattoo.
19. Because Quidditch is almost as popular as breathing.
20. And because Harry Potter would want more books.
21. Because this girl probably won't take no for an answer, JK Rowling.
22. Because Harry never left us in the first place.
23. Because we've mastered all the known HP spells.
24. Because we're the Harry Potter generation, and we NEED MORE!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!