10. We’ve given rise to some pretty good music…
Paul Smith, singer of Maximo Park, is from Billingham.
12. As well as this glorious Tees-folk song.
20. The Grade II listed Middlesbrough Empire is the most beautiful gig venue and nightclub.
It’s a working theatre built in 1897. Charlie Chaplin once performed there!
21. You can go to the pub with a fiver and come back with change.
That’s £1 for a half, £1.50 for a pint at PoundPub in Stockton.
22. Yarm - the quaintest little town in Teesside.
Yarm won the accolade of Britain’s best high street a few years ago.