Some of the relatable topics addressed during last night’s hashtag party included:
1. That little white plastic spoon is absolutely essential.
3. Opening up a De La Rosa Mazapan is an art form.
4. What’s the difference between daytime and nighttime telenovelas? None.
5. Are you pessimistic about life? Blame Silvia Pinal.
6. There is never a dull moment in the house.
7. Your mom always found a way to put you in check, even in front of God.
8. Who needs a hospital when you got Vick’s Vapor Rub?
10. Mexican moms are always right. ALWAYS.
11. Mexican moms are always looking out after your diet.
13. That moment when your siblings throw you under the bus.
14. Who needs Tupperware when you’ve got these?
16. These blankets were there for you from the very beginning.
Authentic Mexican cuisine:
19. The curse of the little baby inside the rosca.
20. Your mom’s cooking sometimes involved coughing and teary eyes.
21. The ultimate comfort drink.
22. This recurring issue.
23. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s.
24. Whenever Mexico scores in the World Cup.
26. After singing “Happy Birthday” and “Las Mañanitas,” you knew what came next.
28. The original Selena.
29. You know the words to his songs, even if you don’t listen to Chente.
30. This song will always be stuck in your head. FOREVER.
33. There is always room for one more.
34. They’re everywhere.
36. Your parents’ impressive aim.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm is offering full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏