1. Dropped An Album
Still sporting the moniker “Ron Artest”, World Peace released his album My World . Its tracks included “Haterz”, “Bad Karma” and “La La Ladies”. He somehow got Juvenile and Diddy to appear on it, too.
2. Stripped Down On Jimmy Kimmel
Well, almost naked. He explained he was “running late” and promised his outfit was indeed shorts – not boxers. “I can even put your pen in my pocket,” he told Kimmel. “I was not freeballing.”
3. Advocated for mental health services in schools
Metta World Peace spent his offseason in 2011 pushing for mental health programs in schools, citing his own issues and experience.
4. Recorded a rap song …. again
Undeterred by poor reviews of his last CD, the newly crowned NBA champ released another rap single: “Champion”. Among the lyrics: “We are the champions/We are the champions/We are the champions.”
5. Played Dodgeball
World Peace played dodgeball in 2010 in a competitive league in Melrose, Calif. His team was called the “Zankou Chicken Presents: Great American Dodgeball Team” and played in the Melrose “A” Mazing League, the Los Angeles Times reported.
6. Became a Reality TV Star
Or tried. For the second time in two years, World Peace tried his hand at a reality show in 2011. The concept: The formerly troubled star helping ex-cons. Sadly, it never got picked up … even after …
7. He Went Dancing!
Like many athletes before him, World Peace took his fancy footwork to Dancing With the Stars. Sadly, he was the first celebrity to get the boot.
8. Became A Movie Star
Got some practice acting — or at least being on a movie set — in Think Like A Man, where had a cameo along with other Lakers players.
9. Was A Super Hero?
And weeks after delivering a heard-around-the-world elbow to James Harden’s head, appeared in this mind-boggling PSA to talk about mental health.
10. Upcoming: A Lifetime Original Movie
TV Guide reported that Metta World Peace will play a detective on the heels of a serial killer in a Lifetime Original movie based on TV host Nancy Grace’s novel. His co-stars reportedly include Jennie Garth (above). It wasn’t just his acting chops that helped him land the role, though — Grace told the magazine that the two were close friends. Her words:
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Neilson Rizzuto has been identified as the suspected drunk driver who drove a truck into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade and injured 28.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," and "Aliens."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱