13. Australia then started to play dirty with the ‘Underarm Incident of 1981.’
14. It was also during this time in the 80’s that the world was becoming obsessed with Australia. So Kiwi’s started to be mistaken as Aussies.
That “Shrimp on the barbie” campaign with Paul Hogan actually did wonders.
17. The jokes didn’t stop there. Australia started to have a field day with jokes at the Kiwi’s expense.
19. Australia started gaining the upper-hand. They were getting quite smug.
22. To which Australia responded with this.
23. This drove the Kiwis insane. They will go on to destroy Australia in the annual Bledisloe Cup for over a decade.
Australia has not won the cup since 2002.