1. It all started when Australia started feeling a bit cocky with its size.
2. But as they say, it's not the size that matters, it's how you use it. New Zealand is filled head to toe with amazing landscape.
3. Where Australia goes limp as almost half the country's land being uninhabitable.
4. They do have some breathtaking sights though, like the Great Ocean Road.
6. And The Great Barrier Reef.
7. But when it comes to the amazing landscape to bare land ratio, New Zealand still wins with its natural beauty.
8. So Australia had to take a different approach. It had to win with the man-made attractions.
9. New Zealand then countered this with building the Sky Tower in Auckland.
10. Australia then said "game on" and did the unthinkable. They stole the son of New Zealand, Russell Crowe.
11. This started a snowball effect with more Kiwis starting to make the jump to Australia.
12. When asked about all the Kiwis jumping over to Oz, NZ Prime Minister at the time Robery Muldoon said they were raising the IQ of both countries.
13. Australia then started to play dirty with the 'Underarm Incident of 1981.'
14. It was also during this time in the 80's that the world was becoming obsessed with Australia. So Kiwi's started to be mistaken as Aussies.
15. I mean, it's not that hard to get the 2 countries mixed up. Look at those flags!
16. An Australian man even tried to sell New Zealand on eBay!
17. The jokes didn't stop there. Australia started to have a field day with jokes at the Kiwi's expense.
18. Oh, that video reminds me. Australia has this beautiful man, Karl Stefanovic
19. Australia started gaining the upper-hand. They were getting quite smug.
20. The Kiwis had enough. They thought what better way to prove that they're not Australian than on the sporting field.
21. Before each game they will do their traditional Haka to strike fear into the opposing team, including the Australians.
22. To which Australia responded with this.
23. This drove the Kiwis insane. They will go on to destroy Australia in the annual Bledisloe Cup for over a decade.
24. The battle then spilt over to other sports.
25. It was getting out of hand!
26. The Kiwi's knew it was time to bring out the big guns. Cue 'The Lord of The Rings" trilogy.
27. Australia did have Chris Lilley and his countless TV shows, but they could not compare to the grand scale of the LOTR trilogy.
28. Australia slowly started to see potential in New Zealand. So they thought about invading it.
29. New Zealand did have some talent though, like international music sensation, Lorde.
30. New Zealand then tried to claim part of Australian singer-songwriter Gotye's 2011 hit, 'Somebody That I Used To Know,' due to a Kiwi being featured in it.
31. But Australia took the crown in the music department with a little band called AC/DC.
But no matter how out of hand this rivalry got, the two countries would always remember that they are Anzacs.
32. And they'll always have each others backs. Through better, and through worse.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!