11. “Angel” by Sarah McLachlan
If you have never felt any kind of raw emotion whilst listening to this song, then I recommend a quick visit to the GP just to make sure that you are indeed human. This song became an anthem around the time of 9/11 and still to this day is one of those songs that will resonate with people forever!!
10. “I’m Not Going” by Jennifer Hudson & Jennifer Holliday
One of them won an Oscar, the other a Tony for their portrayl of “Effie White” in Dreamgirls but if this number doesn’t leave you with your mouth on the floor, then there is something wrong with you!!
9. “Proud Mary” by Tina Turner & Beyoncé
You will be shimmying all over the place after listening this cracker by 2 of the world’s finest lady singers!!!
8. “Nessun Dorma” by Aretha Franklin
The Queen of Soul takes on this operatic mega smash to fill in for Pavarotti at the Grammy awards and just proves once again why she is one of the greatest!!!
7. “Beautiful” by Christina Aguilera
Beautiful is the name of the song and that is the only word that is needed to describe this performance.
6. “Without You” by Mariah Carey
Queen of the Whistle Register and Diva tantrums, there is no denying why Mariah Carey has been around for as long as she has! She is truly an amazing vocalist.
5. “Someone Like You” by Adele
If Adele can make herself cry by singing this song, imagine the rest of the world when they heard it. Taken from the most successful album of the 21st century, “21”, this is one of the most endearing and powerful performances in music’s long history and cemented Adele as a global icon.
4. “My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion
She is music’s answer to Marmite but Queen Celine is the biggest selling Female Artist in the history of music for many reasons… this performance is one of them.
3. “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston
Was she just quite simply the greatest??
2. “Run” by Leona Lewis
It is almost fitting in a way that the most successful act to walk away with the X Factor crown should return to the show that built her and give the greatest performance of her career. A cover of the Snow Patrol classic, Gary Lightbody even commended Leona’s vocals as “incredible” and love her or hate her, you can’t deny her pipes. The last 3 minutes are special.
1. “How Great Thou Art” by Carrie Underwood
Pure talent will always shine and shine it does on what I think is the greatest live performance by a male or female vocalist ever! Carrie Underwood takes this religious classic and forces you to listen to every word she sings. The last 2 and a half minutes should give any red-blooded human being shivers… pure vocal talent by an amazing vocalist.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- Trump has picked Andy Puzder, CEO of Hardee's and Carl's Jr. and an outspoken critic of raising the minimum wage, for labor secretary
- Mick Jagger is a new dad at age 73 and people have some things to say 👀