Spring training is in session, which means baseball is starting back up and will soon be in full swing. More importantly, it means that teammates get to play show-and-tell and detail all the wild adventures they had during the offseason. Tampa Bay Rays DH Luke Scott had a particularly eventful vacation: He went on a spear hunting expedition and bagged a wild boar, which he then BROUGHT INTO THE CLUBHOUSE as a trophy. But is that the weirdest part of this photo? Let us review the evidence.
4. EXHIBIT B: The mutton chops.
5. EXHIBIT C: The boar’s head, which once belonged to an actual, live boar.
VERDICT: The boar’s head is the weirdest part of the photo, but it’s close, and I don’t think Joe Maddon should be inviting Luke Scott over for dinner anytime soon.
H/T Steve DelVecchio at Larry Brown Sports
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by standards of the position.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.