Spring training is in session, which means baseball is starting back up and will soon be in full swing. More importantly, it means that teammates get to play show-and-tell and detail all the wild adventures they had during the offseason. Tampa Bay Rays DH Luke Scott had a particularly eventful vacation: He went on a spear hunting expedition and bagged a wild boar, which he then BROUGHT INTO THE CLUBHOUSE as a trophy. But is that the weirdest part of this photo? Let us review the evidence.
4. EXHIBIT B: The mutton chops.
5. EXHIBIT C: The boar’s head, which once belonged to an actual, live boar.
VERDICT: The boar’s head is the weirdest part of the photo, but it’s close, and I don’t think Joe Maddon should be inviting Luke Scott over for dinner anytime soon.
H/T Steve DelVecchio at Larry Brown Sports
- A newly unearthed Homeland Security report contradicts Donald Trump's travel ban, saying country of origin is not a reliable indicator of terrorism.
- The White House blocked several media outlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by press secretary Sean Spicer.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.