2. This is Pule, the world’s most expensive cheese. Novak Djokovic just bought all of it.
Novak Djokovic, the number-one tennis player in the world and budding restaurateur, bought the entire 2013 supply of Pule in order to supply his chain of Serbian restaurants. Pule is a white, crumbly Serbian cheese, which costs an astronomical £800 a kilogram, equivalent to $584 dollars per pound. Djokovic will sell the cheese at his Novak Cafe & Restaurant locations, which are spreading across Serbia.
According to the Phoenix New Times, the vast amount of milk required to make the cheese and the scarcity of the Balkan donkey contribute to the ridiculous price.
Home to 100 Balkan donkeys, the Zasavica Special Nature Reserve along the Zasavica River produces a smoked donkey’s milk cheese that they call ‘Pule.’ They swear the obscene price of the cheese directly correlates to the value of the milk, which makes sense since 1 kilogram of cheese requires 25 liters of milk.
7. Here’s a making-of video. WARNING: graphic milking ahead.
H/T The Sun.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.