1. Last night at the Royal Rumble, The Rock beat CM Punk in a controversial decision to win the WWE Championship.
CM Punk actually pinned The Rock and won the match, but evil genius Vince McMahon strutted out and, after some conversation, ordered the match to restart. The Rock then hit the People’s Elbow and won, ending Punk’s 400-plus day reign as champion. The result angered more than a few fans, including our friend Michael.
2. The scene begins with our protagonist, Michael, watching the Rumble in his living room.
1-2-3, Rock wins.
3. *Throws replica championship belt in disgust*
15. Here’s the entire freak-out, in video form. Only 69 days until WrestleMania!
To be fair, there’s a lot of wrestling fans that feel exactly the way Michael does. The Rock, as a full-time actor and part-time wrestler (or is that redundant?), was probably only given the championship as a PR move so more people watch Raw and buy WrestleMania. But still, you shouldn’t go around throwing replica belts willy nilly.
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, said at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- Vladimir Putin has used KGB tactics to seize on a rift between the US and Turkey, an effort to expand Russia's influence and divide NATO.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, defended at his confirmation hearing using offshore tax shelters, saying it was an inevitable result of current tax codes.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸