This year’s Rose Bowl, between Stanford and Wisconsin, not only matched up two strong football teams: it also featured marching bands that helpfully demonstrated the differences between the Midwest and the West Coast.
2. Wisconsin’s band worked hard to deliver an excellent performance.
3. Straight lines.
5. Stanford’s band? Well, they do whatever the hell they want. As a “scatter” band, Stanford’s musicians run willy-nilly between formations rather than marching.
6. The band members are adorned randomly with items such as this helmet of Medusa-like rose snakes.
8. ZOOM IN.
9. That guy is not going to march in The Man’s company front, friends. He’s also liable to play the drum part from “White Rabbit” while everyone else is doing the fight song.
10. Truly, there’s room for all kinds of headwear and marching styles in this great nation of ours.
11. Here’s a slow-motion video of “Legalize Weed Drummer Boy” looking stoned at the Rose Bowl…for America.
- President Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill but it took only two days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- The Trump administration is silent hours after Russia arrested hundreds of people protesting corruption under Putin.
- United Airlines stopped 3 girls from flying because they were wearing leggings, and said the rule only applies to travelers on "company benefit travel."
- 'Orange Is The New Black' actor Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli are officially married and tied the knot in Palm Springs 🌴