The Los Angeles Lakers beat the Knicks on Christmas Day on national television, and it seemed like finally the team might become the behemoth they were expected to be. Instead, the Lakers have gone 1-2 since that win, including a loss at home to the Bynum-less Sixers last night. ESPN beat writer Dave McMenamin’s tweets from inside the locker room after the game show just how far off the rails the Lakers really are.
8. Kobe also answered why the Lakers are such a hot mess.
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- Actor Bill Paxton, who starred in a number of films — "Twister" "Titanic," and "Apollo 13" — has died at 61.
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱