1. This is Luiz Adriano, striker for Shakhtar Donetsk, and he’s not much for sportsmanship.
Adriano and Shakhtar are playing FC Nordsjælland in the Champions League group stage today, and nearly a half-hour into the match, a very interesting ethical dilemma presented itself. A Nordsjælland player went down to the ground with an injury while his team had possession of the ball, causing the referee to stop play for the moment. As is customary in soccer, the team that possessed the ball before the injury occurred is awarded the ball when play resumes, usually with a member of the opposing team kicking the ball back to the goalkeeper. In this case, Willian lofted the ball over the defense for Jesper Hansen, the Nordsjælland goalkeeper, to collect. Then this mess happened.
Adriano seemingly has no idea what is going on and that Willian means the ball to go to Nordsjælland. He does what strikers do, and puts the ball into the back of the net while the Nordsjælland defenders stand and watch, and the game is tied at 1-1. No one has any idea what the hell Adriano just did. But then the plot thickens! When play resumed, Shakhtar appeared to try and let Nordsjælland regain the lead.
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- A vandal allegedly smashed glass, overturned benches, and tossed a Bible inside a Colorado mosque early Sunday morning.
- United Airlines stopped 3 girls from flying because they were wearing leggings. The rule applies to travelers on "company benefit travel."
- "Orange Is The New Black" actor Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli officially tied the knot in Palm Springs 🌴