1. Marlins pitcher Ricky Nolasco and Ozzie Guillen are pals. Here they are recently catching a Real Madrid game together.
Guillen got the boot today after a tumultuous season in which the Marlins went 69-93 and Guillen managed to earn a suspension for saying he “loves Fidel Castro.” It wasn’t necessarily a tough decision for Marlins brass to fire the oft-profane Guillen.
Still, he seems to have some fans in his own clubhouse. Nolasco, for one, wasn’t just a little disappointed when he heard the news.
Nolasco quickly deleted the tweet, but not before a bunch of people had retweeted it. Would Ozzie be proud? Fuck yes.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀