1. Marlins pitcher Ricky Nolasco and Ozzie Guillen are pals. Here they are recently catching a Real Madrid game together.
Guillen got the boot today after a tumultuous season in which the Marlins went 69-93 and Guillen managed to earn a suspension for saying he “loves Fidel Castro.” It wasn’t necessarily a tough decision for Marlins brass to fire the oft-profane Guillen.
Still, he seems to have some fans in his own clubhouse. Nolasco, for one, wasn’t just a little disappointed when he heard the news.
Nolasco quickly deleted the tweet, but not before a bunch of people had retweeted it. Would Ozzie be proud? Fuck yes.
- Criticized previously for not forcefully speaking out, Donald Trump condemned anti-Semitism after bomb threats were reported at 11 Jewish centers.
- President Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- West Elm pulled the Peggy Couch from its site after years of scathing customer reviews and complaints of buttons popping off 🙈