Lionel Messi is the best soccer player in the world, so it’s understandable that fans want to get closer to him. Too often, however, it lands Messi in dangerous situations. Just a few months ago, some guy evaded security at the Nou Camp and gave Messi a hug, and it’s not the first time something like that has happened to the Argentine. Today, during an international friendly between Argentina and Sweden in Gothenburg, a crazy fan upped the ante.
3. With a few minutes left in the game, a fan clad in a Barcelona jersey kisses Messi on the forehead and ruffles his hair for a while before security politely escort him away.
Whenever something like this happens in the United States, the field invader usually gets tackled by burly men and fans cheer. Sometimes they get tased. It may seem a bit excessive, but the punishment serves a purpose: When fans run onto the field, athletes are in danger. This guy could have a knife hidden under his jersey, for all we know. He had Lionel Messi’s head between his palms. He could have killed the biggest sporting star in the world, if he chose — and he’s calmly walked off the field as if this was a planned part of the festivities.
Dear European soccer stewards: Get your shit together.
- Mahershala Ali won Best Supporting Actor for his role in "Moonlight." He's the first Muslim actor to win an Oscar 🏆👏
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be Secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲