1. Most Unexpected Roadside Sights: Packs of Wild Burros
The signs warned us they would be there, but we were so surprised when we actually spotted them. Cuties!
4. Best Cocktail: The Lava Letch at Frankie’s Tiki Room
5. Most Exciting Bathroom: Happy Burro Chili & Beer
Just remember, no double clutching.
6. Most Badass Town Moto: “Tonopah, Home of the Stealth”
7. Most Incredible Sunset: This One, On The Road To Pahrump
8. Most Uncomfortable 10 Minutes: The Free Tour at Sheri’s Ranch
Thank you, Mandi Love!
Our ghost hunting app went totally crazy near the elevator that the Lady In Red supposedly haunts. Spoooooky.
11. Largest Firecracker: The World’s Largest Firecracker
13. Biggest Win At The Penny Slots: Dane, At The CasaBlanca in Mesquite
14. Most Interesting Museum: The Central Nevada Museum
It features taxidermied animals, tools from the mining days, vintage electronics and some artifacts from the nearby air force pilot training base. And it’s free to boot.
15. Most Delicious Steak Dinner: Our Meal At The Pahrump Winery
Goes without saying that the wine was pretty great, too!
17. Sweetest Font In Downtown Vegas: The Plaza
18. Most Likely To Have Gotten Lost On The Way To Burning Man: This Car Outside of Goldfield
See ya next time, Nevada!
This was our super reliable ride, Pat the Patriot. It took us through narrow winding mountain roads and long stretches of snowy highway with no problems. Thanks Pat!