This seems to be the classic option for cool Pringles can mods. Apparently, Pringles cans are too thin to serve as a good antenna. But that doesnâ€™t stop people from trying. With just a few cheap parts, you can build a directional antenna. Just be careful if you do. You donâ€™t want the FCC or any other agencies on your case. It seems that just about anything can be used to pick up Wi-Fi, including T-shirts.
2. Pinhole Camera
A safer option than building a cantenna (which as mentioned above, doesnâ€™t really work that well with Pringles cans) is to make a pinhole camera. There are several places listing instructions using Pringles cans. Your photos wonâ€™t reproduce anything near the quality of the latest multi-megapixel cameras, or even a basic VGA camera phone, but itâ€™s still neat to make a camera out of something that would otherwise become garbage.
3. Play Miniature Golf
If youâ€™ve got some free time over the weekend or youâ€™re stuck inside in a rainy day, if you follow these instructions you can build your own miniature golf hole out of a Pringles can.
4. Pringles Macro Lens Light
Macro lenses also need a lot of light if the images are to show up correctly. Naturally, you can also save a lot of money using a Pringles can yet again to whip up your own.
5. Be Buried in a Pringles Can
Sadly, geeks too are mortal. Since this post revolves around using Pringles cans to save money and funerals are expensive, those round cans come in handy. When Proctor & Gamble food scientist Dr. Frederic Baur, whose long career included designing the famous packaging for the brand, died in 2008 at the age of 89, his family honored his request to have part of his ashes buried in his creation.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. Yesterday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, who fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at