1. You favorite book is Franny & Zooey by JD Salinger but you tell everyone it's [insert something by a writer from the Harlem Renaissance here]
2. You don't understand what's wrong with other people's potato salads.
3. You thought "Collard Greens" were "Collar-ed" Greens
4. You were not aware there was a Black National Anthem.
5. When pop rock songs come on in the bar, you're the only one of your black friends excited.
6. You know all the lyrics to "Ocean Avenue" by Yellowcard.
7. You're the only person in your group of friends who went through a "goth" or "punk" phase.
8. You're not confident in your dancing abilities, but you can jump around like no one's business.
9. Your headbanging skills are also on point.
10. You didn't learn black slang like "on point" until college.
11. You know every line of every one of Celine Dion's Greatest Hits.
12. You've only just discovered the magic of cocoa & shea butter.
13. You have a soft spot for Sad White Men.
14. You say "dude" in casual conversation unironically.
15. You identify uncomfortably well with generalized lists about stuff white people like.
16. and sometimes not so well with generalized lists on what black people like.
17. Unsurprisingly, you have a complicated relationship with Oreos.
18. When winter came and all your black friends shared memes about the ridiculousness of pumpkin-flavored things, you were in line for your second venti soy Pumpkin Spice latte of the day
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!