1. "Choppergate:" Nine news director resigns, three journos fired after faking live crosses.
2. Jones and 'Barb' take on “latte-sipping” yahoos.
3. Influential political blogger Grog’s Gamut unmasked by The Australian. And we loved it.
4. Sharri Markson "punted" from Emirates Marquee at Melbourne Cup following run-in with Barrie Cassidy. Twitter froths. Reporters report.
So one of the ABC's most high-profile TV hosts Barrie Cassidy tried to get me, a News Corp journo, kicked out of a marquee for doing my job.— Sharri Markson (@SharriMarkson) November 5, 2014
The Australian reported that Fairfax reported that Media Editor at The Australian Sharri Markson was reportedly tossed out of Emirates' Melbourne Cup marquee for harassing former reporter now host of Insiders on the ABC Barrie Cassidy — a show that includes many reports and reporting.
Ms Markson later claimed on Twitter that the reports of her reported turfing where unfounded.
However, this was not the end to the story, as one would hope. Journalists on Twitter responded with the heat of a thousand thumbs and one joker created a meme that will live on in our nightmares.
5. Still on Sharri — media editor goes undercover as university student to expose News Corp bias.
6. Get Up!'s Simon Sheik Collapses on Q and A and Sophie Mirabella is literally unmoved.
7. Ablo ate Kevern. Media can't imagen life thereafter.
Ablo eat Kevern— Kevin Rudd 2000 (@Rudd2000) August 5, 2014
Australia's most-loved Twitter parody account @Rudd2000 — born out of exasperation the day after Kevin Rudd resigned from Parliament and inspired by popular parody account @Seinfeld2000, which was itself a parody account of sorts born out of frustration — ended with Twitter favourite Anthony Albanese (Ablo) eating the main character, Kevin Rudd (Kevern).
The retirement of the account, which sketched a picture of what life would be like for former Prime Minister Rudd were he still in office using savvy Internet speak and sharp satire, was met with something close to grief.
However, the pain was short-lived — Kevern Write a Book.