7 Important Rules For Umbrella Owners In NYC
Please don't poke me.
1. If you must carry an umbrella, carry a narrow umbrella.
2. Pay attention when you're walking. Nobody likes being poked.
3. Remember you don't have a car, so you'll need to think wayyyyyy ahead. (i.e. prepare for afternoon/evening storms)
4. Stay out of the Splash Zone. Your umbrella won't do you much good when you get drenched by a passing taxi.
5. Don't buy the cheap sidewalk umbrellas. Invest in something sturdy.
6. Don't wear suede or anything that can't get wet. Your umbrella can do only so much on a windy day.
7. Collapse the umbrella when you descend the subway stairs or go under scaffolding.
Keep up with the latest daily buzz with the BuzzFeed Daily newsletter!